Austin water restrictions become even more strict with the implementation of stage 2.
This drought is wreaking havoc on Texas right now – and Austin is doing their part to reduce the excessive water usage in the city.
Our lakes are not only lacking in water to play in this summer but our water reserves are being threatened. The second phase does NOT include written warnings, if you are found in violation you will instantly receive a fine up to $500. The following are new implementations in the restrictions.
* Outdoor irrigation is prohibited except on assigned days at designated times (see once-per-week schedule below)
* Golf fairway irrigation is limited to assigned days before 10 a.m. and after 7 p.m.
* Golf tee and green irrigation is limited to every other day
* Vehicle washing is limited to designated days and times, with a hand-held bucket or a positive shut-off nozzle on a hose*
* A person may not conduct or participate in a charity car wash
* The use of outdoor ornamental fountains is prohibited except to provide aeration for aquatic life
* A person may not fill, refill, or add water to an indoor fountain
* No automatic fill valves are allowed for pools or ponds
* Washing of sidewalks, driveways, parking areas, patios or other paved surfaces is prohibited*
* A restaurant may not serve water to a customer unless requested by the customer
*Exceptions are made for washing necessary to protect public health, safety or welfare
Outdoor Water Use Days
Commercial, Multifamily -odd-numbered addresses Tuesday
Commercial, Multifamily – even-numbered addresses Friday
Residential – odd-numbered address Saturday
Residential – even-numbered address Sunday
Outdoor Watering Times
Automatic Systems: Before 10 a.m.
Hose-end Sprinklers, Soaker Hoses: Before 10 a.m. and/or after 7 p.m.
By Hand: Any time on any day.